“It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.” – Winston Churchill
Successful leaders understand that one of most critical keys to success is possessing a positive self-image and outlook on life in general.
Feeding you mind daily with positive materials such as success quotes, leadership development training and self-development books and audio-tapes/cd’s will enable you to stay determined and focused.
Quotes have an amazing way of hitting the right nerve at the right time. They are short and pithy, making it easier for us to make our decisions of our day with more clarity and purpose.
“Affirmation without self-discipline is the beginning of delusion” ~ Jim Rohn
1) Self-Discipline~ In order to succeed in any facet of life you must possess and master the skill of self-discipline. Discipline is doing what you must do whether you feel like it or not.
“One cannot manage too may affairs: like pumpkins in the water, one pops up while you try to hold down the other”~ Chinese Proverb
2) Time-Management~ There is no such thing as multi-tasking. You simply cannot do two things at once and do them effectively. Have you ever tried to chase two rabbits at the same time? It doesn’t work. Create a list. Work on the most important task first and work your way down in order. All else should be delegated.
“Indecision Breeds Mediocrity” ~ John R. Salkowski
3) Decision-Making~ Nothing else like indecision breeds mediocrity. In order to be a successful leader you must be decisive in your decision making. You heard the saying analyses paralyses, right? Don’t over analyze. The key to a successful decision is to make sure your thought is well reasoned and thought out properly.
“Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go” ~ William Feather
4) Accountability~ Accountability plays a very important role in your leadership success. If you want to be respected and admired, you must take full accountability of not only your successes but your failures as well. This is a form of confidence and self-belief which is a major ingredient to your success.
“He can who thinks he can, he can’t who thinks he can’t” ~ Orison Swett Marden
5) A Positive Attitude is Everything~ Being positive in all you do is essential for your success. A positive attitude is entirely self-determined and can be helped by accentuating the positive in everything you do. Don’t see the problem, see the solution.
“You need a system to succeed. Talent is never enough.” ~ William Shakespeare
6) Self-Presentation~ If you truly want to be successful you must learn how to present to others. Not the way YOU want to present but the way THEY want to be presented too. The radio station you must tune into when presenting to others is “WIFM”. WIFM means “What’s In It For Me” meaning what’s in it for your prospect. If you learn how to present to others, you’re success is virtually guaranteed.
Leadership success will be yours to take if you follow and master these top skills.
I’m John R. Salkowski, Founder of AchieveSuccessAcademy.com, Retired Police Officer, Survivor of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), and Author, Speaker on Leadership, Success and Overcoming Adversity.
Copyright 2012. Achieve Success Academy. All Rights Reserved.