The most powerful leadership success factor of both personal development and lifelong success has to do with the “golden hour” of your day. So, what is the “golden hour” you ask? The “golden hour” is the time you spend in the morning before doing anything else which consists of flooding and feeding your mind with goal writing, reading or listening to positive, influential information. By doing this each morning, you start your day off in the right successful direction.
I once heard this saying, “You become what you think about, most of the time.” Whatever you think about most you attract into your life. You become the result of the information, associations, ideas and impressions you feed your mind, from the time you awake in the morning to the time you retire at night. However, what will have the strongest impact and influence on your mind is what you do during the “golden hour”.
Personal Development and Self-Improvement
In order to be successful, you must have good habits. Literally 95% of everything you do or say is determined by your habits, good or bad. Successful people have good habits that lead to being more productive and positive which in turn improves their overall personal development throughout their lives. People with bad habits are unsuccessful for they created bad habits that lead to under achieving, indecisiveness and ultimately failure.
The Leadership Success Factor
The #1 success factor you can develop is taking advantage of the “golden hour” each and everyday day. By doing this every day, you create good habits. Did you know that it take 21 days to make or break a habit, whether good or bad? Therefore, start your day off by feeding your mind and body with positive, productive skill sets that will ultimately lead to greater success in your life.
By implementing these habits into my life over past several years, it has created a life that I could only imagine of. Before you pass judgment on whether this will work for you, start by trying it yourself for 21 days. All I’m asking of you is to do this for 21 days and I assure you that your life will change in a more positive direction beyond your wildest dream.
Change Your Mind-Set in Just 21 Days
1. Starting tomorrow set your alarm for 2hrs before your normal wake up time. Invest the first golden hour in yourself and in your mind. Remember, your brain is a muscle. With use, it grows, without use it shrinks.
2. Before you do anything, take 30-60 minutes and read something motivational, inspirational and/or educational. Be sure that the first thing you put into your mind in the morning is positive, healthy and consistent with the kind of life you want to lead.
3. After you have completed your morning reading, take a spiral notebook and write out your top 10-15 goals in the present tense, exactly as if you have already achieved them. Write goals such as, “I earn $100,000 per year”; “I weigh 150 pounds and in the best shape of my life”; “I drive a brand new grey BMW”; “I live in a beautiful 3000 square foot home” and so on. Rewrite your list of goals every morning without referring back to the goals you wrote the day before. This is a very important success factor for you to practice in order to achieve your goals.
4. Plan every day in advance. After you have read something motivational, inspirational and/or educational, rewrite your goals, make a list of everything you have to do that day, and then organize the list by priority, value and importance.
5. Begin immediately to work on your most valuable and important task, before you do anything else. Focus single-mindedly on that one task until it is complete. When you start and finish your major task first thing in the morning during the golden hour, you will experience a surge of energy, elation and confidence that will propel you into your other tasks, and dramatically increase your overall productivity for the rest of the day.
6. Listen to educational audio programs as you drive around. Leave the radio off. Turn your vehicle into a University on wheels. Continually feed your mind with high quality mental nutrition that uplifts and inspires you to do your best. This is a great way to improve your personal development throughout your entire life.
7. Finally, develop a sense of urgency. Pick up the pace. Move quickly from one task to the other. Don’t waste time. The faster you move, the more energy you will have. The faster you move, the more you will get done, and the better you will feel. The faster you move, the more in control of your life you will feel, and the more you will like and respect yourself.
The “Golden Hour”
The golden hour is the most important time of the day. It sets the tone for the rest of your day. When you awake early and invest that time into yourself, you will be amazed at the difference in the way your feel and the results you’ll achieve. You will gradually overtime change the way you think of yourself and all that is possible for you. You will become a magnet to success and begin to see your whole world change before your eyes.
I’m John R. Salkowski, Founder of AchieveSuccessAcademy.com, Entrepreneur, Retired Cop, Survivor of PTSD stemming from a shoot and kill robbery incident, Expert on Leadership, Success, Overcoming Adversity & PTSD, Author of 3 books; Leadership in the Line of Duty: 50 Leadership Lessons for making split-second decisions from a Cop who’s been in Life & Death situations, Leadership in the Line of Duty: Success Thoughts and Quotes for Leaders and Nothing But Net: Top Secrets to increase your bottom line, Health, Wealth & Success.
Copyright © 2012. Achieve Success Academy™. All Rights Reserved.